1915 Orlando Map from "Orlando - The Charm of the South"

+ View Full Size

1915 Orlando Map from "Orlando - The Charm of the South"

1915 Orlando Map from "Orlando - The Charm of the South"

by:
fischer
October 22, 2016

Pre 1915 map includes streets, government buildings, societies, clubs, churches, etc. It shows the various "additions" to the original platt for the city of Orlando including the Parramore's, Patrick's, Peek's , Reid's, Millers, Needham, Way's, Rogers, Willcox, Livingston's, Robinson's, Speir's, Gilbert's,  Papot's, Mill's, and others, along with several "subdivisions".  

It shows Main Street (now Magnolia) as the closest through street near Lake Eola as Rosalind was not yet built. 

Some listed on the map include: Court House, St. Luke's Cathedral (St. Lukes), St. James Catholic Church, St. Joseph's Convent, Baptist Church, Presbyterian Church, Methodist Church, Tremont Hotel, San Juan Hotel, Hotel La Casa, S.A.L. Passenger and Freight Depot, A.C.L. Passenger and Freight Depots, Masonic Temple, The Sentinel, Opera House, The State Bank, The Ice Factory, Foundry and Machine Works, The City Hall, County Jail, Novelty Works, Wyoming Hotel, Eola Cottage, Stand Pipe - City Water, The Georgia House, Boone's Nurseries, Sorosis Library, Telegraph Office, The Pines (Boarding House), The Reporter-Star, Armory Building, Telephone Exchange, Odd Fellows, K of F and Red Men, Rosalind Club, Post Office, Holland & Cook's Carriage Works, Macy's Carriage Works, Orlando Public School, Gas House, Episcopal School, Church Home and Hospital, Pell-Clarke Hall.

This Image Is Related To: